Friday, 23 October 2015

My top 10 favourite games.

Hello people, sorry for missing the blog last week, but I'm here now and hopefully will be back to doing the weekly blogs.

So, today I present you:

My top 10 favourite games.


Yes, yes, I know a "Top 10 list"  but, I'm here to write about things that young people can relate to, and what does a young person love most? Video games! So, here is my list of my favourite games. I would highly recommend any of the games on this list, if you haven't played them already, so here we go!

10) So, to start off this list, we have World of Warcraft. WoW was the first game I played. I've played it all my life, and have 2000+ hours on my main character. The reason it's only at number 10, is because of the decline in the TLC and quality of the game in recent years. But nevertheless WoW remains very close to my heart and I am certainly looking forward to the release of the new expansion Legion, and will definitely be playing it!

9) Next up we have Minecraft. I am a huge fan of Minecraft, I love surviving, and building, and exploring, not to mention that it's a hugely popular game. It's a great time-killer and an amazing game to play with friends. Also, if you haven't already, you should absolutely play with mods. Modding Minecraft is a great way to extend the play time and fun factor of Minecraft. Not only do they add crazy stuff, they also add practical things and things that help make the whole experience better.  

8) At number 8, we have Shadow of Mordor. I love the LoTR's universe. The combat is definitely the best part, it flows, it really feels like you're hitting something. The story is...ok. The nemesis system is just so great! It has an unlimited amount of play time. And it's just a great game all around. The reason this game is only at number 8 is because I haven't finished it yet, so I can't truly say 100% how the game is, but what I have seen, I love! 

7) For number 7 there's, Dragon Age 2. I am a huge fan of the Dragon Age series, but we'll get to that later. Dragon Age 2, is not the best game in the series, but still, I found it very enjoyable. Maybe that's just because I loved Dragon Age Origins. One of the things that people find the least enjoyable about Dragon Age 2, is the way the game play works, and I can see where these people are coming from. It's somewhere between a tactical combat system, and an action RPG.

6) Number 6, Watch_Dogs. Now, Watch_Dogs had a very rocky launch, and many issues. Also it was a very divided game - some people loved it, some hated it. Personally, I'm a huge fan. I loved the concept of hacking the city and using it to your advantage, although I would have liked to have seen it executed slightly better. It's also not winning any awards for it's story, it's not awful but, it's not the best, by far. The game play is good, but not quite there, the controls are a little clunky, especially when it comes to driving, it can feel quite unresponsive. But, perhaps the reason I love this game so much is because I am a huge fan of computers, and technology in general, especially when it comes to the computer science of it and the programming side of it.

5) Next, Dragon age Inquisition. The combat style is a lot like Dragon Age 2, but it's done slightly better. The story is amazing and the choices are amazing, and really do matter. The classes are dynamic and well executed. I love the dynamic choices you can make, and how there are seriously serious repercussions. Not to mention the gorgeous graphics, and the amazing details. The quests are fun and entertaining, and don't forget Skyreach, your amazing castle! There are so many ways to customise it, and managing your troops and resources. All-in-all it's an amazing game! 

4) Number 4, Sleeping Dogs. Sleeping Dogs, is an absolutely amazing game! The story is great and extremely touching at some points. The combat is fantastic and fluid. Enough said. 

3) Mirrors Edge. Some people absolutely HATE Mirrors Edge, but I LOVE it. I love it's parkour elements, and the graphics are beautiful. The story is lacking, but people don't play it for the story.

2) Skyrim, I love Skyrim! I have 2000+ hours of game play. I absolutely love this game. The story is amazing, the quests are entertaining, the side quests are totally worth it, and there are so much customisation options. The are no set classes, and you can play it as you wish! 

1) Dragon Age Origin. This game is amazing. The story is so immersing, all the classes are fun to play, and there are so many ways you can impact the world around you. Your companions are interesting and have important stuff to say. This is just a great game. And definitely worth a play.

0) Yes, I know, I'm cheating, but I couldn't think of enough games for a top 15 list, and a top 11 list would sound silly, so here we are at number 0!
Spec Ops: The line. This game is my favourite game of all time. The story is so touching, the combat is fun, it has just the right level of difficulty, and did I mention the story? The story is sublime 10/10, and it really delivers. It hits you directly in the feels, and really makes you question everything you do. How far will you go? Are you really still the hero? And the ending is... just great. You should definitely play this game! I HIGHLY recommend it.

Thanks for reading guys, stay tuned for next week's blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment